The South AmericaGenWeb Project maintains very high standards in page creation, site management, and overall quality of presentation for all associated project pages. The South AmericaGenWeb Project encourages freedom of expression, national cultural uniqueness and individual creativity by project hosts in the actual design of their pages. Certain elements are required, however, to help maintain the cohesiveness of the project.
- The WorldGenWeb Logo and Name must be present on the South AmericaGenWeb homepage, it is optional for the county homepage. All South AmericaGenWeb Project sites share the same alpha-neumonic name and all projects must conform to this standard. The project name is The South AmericaGenWeb Project. Country pages follow this same example: ArgentinaGenWeb Project
- Country websites must contain a link to the South AmericaGenWeb website (http://www.southamericagenweb.org) with any of the official South AmericaGenWeb Logo buttons.
- Non-Commercial Status: The South AmericaGenWeb Project is a non-commercial entity. The South AmericaGenWeb Project is dedicated to the concept of free exchange of public-domain records via the internet. As such we do not charge for the resources available through our pages. We may link to commercial websites however that does not imply that we endorse their services.
- Copyright: The South AmericaGenWeb Project encourages the collection and publication of non-copyrighted materials online by hosts. The South AmericaGenWeb Project will not pay royalties to any organization or institution. Therefore, we stipulate that all materials placed online at any project website be free from copyright infringement.
- Country websites should include resources that will assist the visitors in their research. The following resources must be provide on the website.
- Query Pages
- Mailing Lists
- Lookup Resources
- Family Association Website Links
- The South AmericaGenWeb Project endeavors to maintain that all materials collected through associated project websites will not be distributed commercially. Country coordinators and project volunteers work on the honor system and we "assume" that materials placed online are free from any copyright infringement and that they will not be sold or republished in any form.
- Individual's who submit data to any website are free to include the word "private" in place of any records or dates. This does dilute the value of the record submitted but we wholeheartedly support the privacy rights of the individual.
- Each country and county website within the South AmericaGenWeb Project will maintain a method for posting queries.
These policies are an adaptation of the policies of the of the WorldGenWeb Project located at http://www.worldgenweb.org/index.php/component/content/article/25-the-project/62-policy-and-procedures. Each host is responsible for reviewing these websites to ensure they are in compliance. These Guidelines and Policies were last updated on 31 August 2014.
Disclaimer: The South AmericaGenWeb Project does not guarantee the authenticity or source of any collected material place online at project websites and is to be held free and indomitable from any and all liabilities based on such materials. The South AmericaGenWeb will remove any materials found to be in violation of all U.S. Copy Right Laws and statutes.